- BC Parks Response to COVID-19 ▼
As of :
As of July 1st, groupsites will be returning to normal occupancy levels and those with existing reservations are able to add more campers to a reservation upon arrival in-park.
With the shift into Step 3 of BC’s Restart plan, many group picnic shelters will begin to reopen. Reservable picnic shelters can be booked through Discover Camping starting July 9th.
The opening of groupsite reservations for 2022 has been postponed until further notice due to the evolving nature of COVID-19. BC Parks will provide advance notice before reservations become available.
We want to see you back at your favourite park, but mostly we want you to have a safe and healthy summer, so plan ahead to make the most of it.
Joffre Lakes Reservation Policies
Backcountry reservations are required for all overnight stays in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park. Overnight stays are only permitted in the campground at Upper Joffre Lake. Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance of your arrival date via our Discover Camping Reservation Service. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations are required for all overnight stays in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park. Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance of your arrival date. Camping is permitted only within the designated campground at Upper Joffre Lake.
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations must be paid in full and include backcountry permit fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- Each campground has a limited number of sites which are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site. Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each shopping cart can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
- At least one of the reservation holders ("Occupant" or "Optional Authorized Person") must be present upon arrival and during the stay. Identification may be required to keep the reservation valid.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per tent pad.
- Cancellations and changes that reduce the stay or party size made within 7 days of your arrival date will also forfeit one night’s fee for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will also forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day after the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must keep one copy of your reservation on you at all times and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post or tent (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather).
- Joffre Lakes Provincial Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. See the Joffre Lakes Park webpage for more information and park rules.